It was 6:45, and I was ready to leave for my workout when I felt a slight nudge on my arm -- a gentle, moley, attention-getting touch. Evidently, my gray friend had been watching me leave three days a week with great curiosity and was eager to give the new routine a go. (Why I didn’t think of it before, I don’t know. Maybe those little legs and that consistent diameter from neck to tail kept it from crossing my mind? Pardon my sarcasm.)After trying to reason with the poor creature, I finally relented and packed him* in my camera case. (This I had to see, right?) Normally, Mole prefers to ride in a pocket, but today he chose the case. I grabbed some water, and off we headed to Curves.
Once there, I put the camera on the shelf, Mole and all. Forty-five minutes in a dark place should be nothing for that tunnel-dweller. I spent my entire circuit time trying to decide how I was going to introduce Mole to the others when I finished. I knew that my quiet companion would just rest there on the counter, looking rather innocent, while I tried to explain his earnest desire to get in shape. I also knew that the “coaches” would exchange looks and think me crazy. That’s right. I’d be the crazy one, not the cute little Mole.
By the time I had finished stretching, I had convinced myself that I just couldn’t do it. I would simply wait until I got home and let Mole watch the pilates DVD. Well, that was the plan . . .
Just as I was saying my farewells, the camera case began to shake on the shelf. I don’t mean vibrate a little; I’m talking shake with all its might! It was so embarrassing. Looking around at the crowd of very interested women, I accepted the fact that we had reached the point of no return and opened the case. The naughty Mole tumbled directly onto the nearest recovery board. I just looked down and said, “Change stations, NOW!”
*Do not ask about the sex of this Mole. Honestly, I don’t know if he is a male or a female, as he has no real distinguishing . . . um . . . characteristics. All I know is that the pink winter scarf pretty much kept him from raising any eyebrows at Curves. First impressions are powerful, aren’t they?
~ End Quote
Very cute, indeed! Poor Mole, he/she just wants to get into shape. I'm glad I don't have the shape of a mole, to be honest (must be hard to fit into jeans...)
ReplyDeleteLove the Pandora, as well - just fab.
:-)
Donning denim is not a dilemma, dear. Mole is most comfortable in his birthday suit anyway.
ReplyDeleteWait! Does a pocket ride in a denim shirt count as fitting into jeans?
*grin*
Thanks for the comments.