Thursday, August 13, 2009

Reservations for Four, Please



What a wonderful day together:
English Afternoon Tea at the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans
Happy Birthday again and again!

A spot of tea, please: Earl Grey, Chinese Yunnan, White Peach, and a special red berry.

I didn't get a decent shot of the scones. ;-/ These little sandwiches . . . delicious.


Our yummy dessert course dessert (first pic) . . . carried out and presented as strains of "Happy Birthday!" flowed from a harp! How very different from the obnoxious "Happy, Happy Birthday," sung at other local establishments. This was just lovely!

(Check out the audience on the piano!)

Celebrating our friend, second from the left. ;-) Love you!



P.S.
The Windsor Court gives new meaning to the phrase "hotel towel." Mole was pleased to discover an alternative to paper towels and automatic drying machines!!! Man, I love terry cloth.

~ End Quote

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted pics :-)

    Very nice, indeed. The little dessert reminded me of our little picnic lunch on the Olympic Peninsula.

    It's nice to see the players, too. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I immediately thought of our little boxed delights, too, when the lone petit four appeared on this plate. Those were the perfect picnic finale. Thanks again.

    Mole is the guardian of the boxes. I'm looking at them right now above my computer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely time! :o)

    ReplyDelete