Thursday, March 4, 2010

Focus on Light


It is light that reveals,

light that obscures,
light that communicates.
It is light I "listen" to.
The light late in the day has a distinct quality, as it fades toward the darkness of evening. After sunset there is a gentle leaving of the light, the air begins to still, and a quiet descends. I see magic in the quiet light of dusk.
I feel quiet, yet intense energy in the natural elements of our habitat. A sense of magic prevails. A sense of mystery. It is a time for contemplation, for listening
- a time for making photographs.
-John Sexton


While this little blog is primarily about quotes, not photos, this particular quote evokes quite a few images for me. So, here's what I'm thinking . . .

I have a friend who is a photographer. I wonder how many times I have told her that I love the way she captures light in her work, in her play.

What a duo, she and light!
What a trio when she gets near water!

With her permission, I'll show you what I mean . . .



photographs by Liz Henderson


. . . in my spotlight. ;-)

Now, if you are interested in a coffee table book,
one page at a time,
through her eyes,
head to her photography blog.

It is a favorite stop for me.



~ End Quote

4 comments:

  1. With as many sound-bites as I must provide, I'm a little amazed that you didn't come up with an appropriate 'quote'... :-)

    My dear friend, you humble me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quoting you . . . I'll save that for an entire entry one day. Are you sure that's what you want? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably not! lol!

    Love the slideshow, not because of the pics, but because of how you present them.

    I love you. :-)

    ReplyDelete