Sunday, April 18, 2010

History




Never read through curiosity, and do not read hurriedly to get through a book quickly. Stop from time to time to relish your reading. Reflect on and examine yourself about what prevents you from practicing what you read.
~ John Baptist de la Salle

After a full day of touring the old haunts of my dad and listening to him add meaning to buildings and vacant lots and streets, the best shot of the day was one of old bricks. The rubble of a place very special in my father's memory. Not what I expected.

The quotation? I looked for one that was spoken by the founder of the old school and one that might make my dad smile. We'll see whether or not I succeeded.

~ End Quote

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote - it's not how fast you read, it's how much you comprehend. Reading to experience through someone else's eyes...now that's it, isn't it?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's a great one - I have to work at not reading too fast sometimes...

    ReplyDelete