A picture of something you're afraid of.
For starters . . .
But, that's not the only thing that makes me afraid. In recent days I have found myself repulsed at the idea of becoming "gross" if I live to old age. It may not be an outright fear, but it is definitely a passionate resistance, a refusal that borders on denial. The thought of such a change has crossed my mind many times without my dwelling upon it -- until now. Oh, me.
I don't like spiders and snakes
. . . or smells.
Concerning fear, some have said:
We are afraid to care too much,
for fear that the other person does not care at all.
~Eleanor Roosevelt
Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.
~C. S. Lewis
My only fear is that I may live too long.
This would be a subject of dread to me.
~Thomas Jefferson
The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear -
fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable.
What he wants above everything else is safety.
~H. L. Mencken
for fear that the other person does not care at all.
~Eleanor Roosevelt
Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.
~C. S. Lewis
My only fear is that I may live too long.
This would be a subject of dread to me.
~Thomas Jefferson
The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear -
fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable.
What he wants above everything else is safety.
~H. L. Mencken
Concerning fear, it is written:
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil; for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
~Psalm 23:4
I will fear no evil; for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
~Psalm 23:4
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
~Isaiah 41:10
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage;
do not be afraid, nor be dismayed,
for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
~Joshua 1:9
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Do not fear therefore;
you are of more value than many sparrows.
~Luke 12:7
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
~Isaiah 41:10
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage;
do not be afraid, nor be dismayed,
for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
~Joshua 1:9
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Do not fear therefore;
you are of more value than many sparrows.
~Luke 12:7
There is a light
It burns brighter than the sun
He steals the night
And casts no shadow
There is hope
Should oceans rise and mountains fall
He never fails
It burns brighter than the sun
He steals the night
And casts no shadow
There is hope
Should oceans rise and mountains fall
He never fails
So take heart
Let His love lead us through the night
Hold on to hope
And take courage again
Let His love lead us through the night
Hold on to hope
And take courage again
In death by love
The fallen world was overcome
He wears the scars of our freedom
In His Name
All our fears are swept away
He never fails
The fallen world was overcome
He wears the scars of our freedom
In His Name
All our fears are swept away
He never fails
All our troubles • And all our tears • God our hope • He has overcome
All our failure • And all our fear • God our love • He has overcome
All our heartache • And all our pain • God our healer • He has overcome
All our burdens • And all our shame • God our freedom • He has overcome
All our failure • And all our fear • God our love • He has overcome
All our heartache • And all our pain • God our healer • He has overcome
All our burdens • And all our shame • God our freedom • He has overcome
All our troubles • And all our tears • God our hope • He has overcome
All our failures • And all our fear • God our love • He has overcome
God our justice • God our grace • God our freedom • He has overcome
God our refuge • God our strength • God is with us • He has overcome
~ End Quote


THAT IS A SCARY LOOKING SNAKE!
ReplyDeletelucy locket