Wednesday, November 9, 2011

He is Near




It's autumn again,
and again,
and again.






One late October evening in 2009, I saved the following:


Simple words, beautiful couple -- and I cried. 

Two years have passed since I had the privilege of witnessing that tender exchange, and now these two dear friends are having to prepare for the hardest separation of their lives. While in the throes of accepting this inevitable loss, I escaped for an evening of music and returned home with much more in hand than the instrumental feast I had expected.

Simple purchase, beautiful song -- and I cried.

 

. . . and there's nothing I should fear
for you'll go no farther than God,
and God is very near.
~Leahy



~ End Quote

2 comments:

  1. Life and death will always be a mystery to me. My heart is with you and all who love that sweet couple.

    ReplyDelete