Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pushin' Fifty: The Discount




Old folks . . . who are they?


People in the United States who are more than sixty years of age are commonly referred to as senior citizens or seniors. These terms refer to people whose stage in life is generally called old age, though there is no precise way to identify the final stage of a normal life span. People are said to be senior citizens when they reach the age of sixty or sixty-five because those are the ages at which most people retire from the workforce. ~thefreedictionary.com

According to insurance companies and obstetrical offices, I was considered "elderly" or "senile" while pregnant for my last two children. Yes, m'am, if you are pregnant at age 35 or older, that's your label; but if you have been pregnant more than five times, they call you "grand." I guess that's supposed to make up for the first bit of name-calling.

Yes, I've lived with the knowledge that I have been considered "elderly" in the medical world for quite some time now, but I thought I had several more years before I would be considered a "senior citizen" . . .


Many Chick-fil-A locations offer a 10% discount or a free drink with purchase. Since each Chick-fil-A restaurant is independently owned and operated and the senior discount can vary by location. Most locations provide a free small drink or coffee with purchase or a 10% discount to customers 50 and older. Participation, age requirement and discount amount can vary by location. Chick-fil-A is one of the largest privately-held restaurant chains and the second-largest quick-service chicken restaurant chain in the nation, based on annual sales. 

Stage Department Stores offer a 20% discount every Tuesday to customers 50 and older through their Club 50 Plus. You can apply at any store for free. Proof of age is required. Discount Excludes Clinique, Estée Lauder, Lancôme, YES merchandise, The Beauty Bar, gift cards, Tuxedo Rentals and previous purchases. Stage Stores brings nationally recognized brand name apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear for the entire family to small and mid-size towns and communities with over 660 stores in 33 states. The company operates under the Bealls, Palais Royal, and Stage names throughout the South Central states, and under the Peebles name throughout the New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeastern, and Midwestern states. 

Burke's Outlet locations offer 15% off all purchases every Monday when you join the Burke's Outlet Monday Club. Available to people 50 years of age and older. Monday Club is free to join, but you must register for Monday Club Card which is available at any Burke's location. Burke's Outlet offers brand name apparel and accessories for the entire family at up to 70% off department store prices. In addition, most stores carry shoes, home furnishings, gifts, and toys. Burke's Outlet Stores are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. 

At Premium Outlet Malls, shoppers 50 and older save an additional 10% off every Tuesday at all participating stores located within the Premium Outlet Malls. Called the Premium Outlets 50+ Shopper Club, shoppers simply present photo identification with proof of age to the cashier at participating stores. Visit the information center at each mall for the most current list of participating stores. There are currently 56 Premium Outlet centers in 27 states.

I might be pushin' fifty today; 
but on Tuesday, hon, I'm going shopping!

~ End Quote

5 comments:

  1. Okay, not sure how I feel about this ^.^ I don't wanna be "old" but I love a good discount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You are sweet to say so -- I promise to trust you on that one. Thanks. *hug*

      Delete
  3. You are not quite old enough for a senior discount - just sayin'. You have 5 more years.

    And, you do not fit into that pic you posted as you do not look or act anywhere near that old.

    Love you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to accept this 50 thing . . . You don't look or act anywhere NEAR that, so it is not true. Just sayin'. ;-) HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete