You don’t need huge followings to influence a niche; you just need the right readers. Suppose you had a political blog, for example, and you had only three readers. They just happened to be the heads of government in the United States, China and Russia, and each read your blog every day, trusted your writings and adjusted their own courses accordingly. How many more readers would you need to be an influence? ~ Shel Israel
A little something for those whom I follow:
"On the sidewalks, little mole stalks . . ."
No, that won't do. Let me try again.
"On the sidewalks, little mole stalks . . ."
No, that won't do. Let me try again.
Little sidebars, busy sidebars.
May I scroll for a while?
If I skim
I'll be feeling
I’ve missed much
See you laughing
Cameras snapping
Catching smile after smile
and on every hit counter you'll hear
Thank you, well, can you tell
I’ve spent some time at your blog, dear?
Here’s the thing, hear me sing
I like what you have to say.
Strings of comments
Offer two cents
In a list they are seen
As your followers note
What they treasure
I’ve a big hunch
After my lunch
I can click to the scene
And above all this bustle
You'll hear
Thank you, well, can you tell
I’ve spent some time at your blog, dear?
Here’s the thing, hear me sing
I like what you have to say.
Thank you, well, can you tell
I’ve spent some time at your blog, dear?
Here’s the thing, hear me sing
I like what you have to say.
~ End Quote
Well....
ReplyDeleteI most certainly think you have missed your calling as a filk super star :-)
Nicely done...
I hate that song.
I do, too. But, the little sidebar couplet kept drumming itself into my mind. I knew if I didn't write, it would not leave me alone.
ReplyDelete