Thursday, April 16, 2009

Enjoying the Unexpected



If one advances confidently in the direction of one's dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. ~ Thoreau


Susan Boyle. Does that name ring a bell? For most of the world, that name rang no bells until less than a week ago. Now, the YouTube video of her audition on Britain’s Got Talent has played over eleven million times – I confess I have watched probably a dozen times myself. The expressions on her judges’ faces alone are worth the watch. Simply priceless.

As often happens, watching that footage set me into motion. With my interest piqued, I also ran across other beautiful moments in the brief history of this British television show.

The background music that you are hearing (if you are reading this as a current post), is that of Paul Potts, winner of the 2007 season’s contest. If you have the time, you can trace his unfolding here. I just love watching.

Audition

Semi-finals

Finals



Watching the winner win . . .

Royal Variety Performance



If that has not worn you out, you might also watch young Andrew Johnson perform. What a voice!

Audition



Semi-finals



Finals



Quick links:

  • Susan Boyle's Audition
  • Susan Bole's Semi-final
  • Susan Boyle Final
  • Julian Smith Audition
  • Julian Smith Semi-final
  • Shaun Smith Audition
  • Shaun Smith Semi-final
  • Shaheen Jafargholi Audition
  • Shaheen Jafargholi Semi-final
  • 2 Grand Audition
  • 2 Grand Semi-final
  • Paul Potts's Audition
  • Paul Potts's Semi-final
  • Paul Potts's Final
  • Paul Potts Announced
  • Andrew Johnston's Audition
  • Andrew Johnston's Semi-final
  • Andrew Johnston's Final
  • Faryl Smith's Semi-final

  • Well, I have enjoyed listening. Off to catch up on my responsibilities . . . ;-)

    ~End Quote

    1 comment:

    1. The kids and I enjoyed watching Ms. Boyle - she was wonderful! I think those judges need to stop being quite so...presumptuous, eh?

      Someone needs to tell them not to judge a book by it's cover, I think.

      ReplyDelete