
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
~ Charles Schultz
What time is it?
You might say that it is this:
Yet, I might say that it is this:
You could be walking around outside, enjoying the last hours of a sunny afternoon while I might be gazing at a full moon and a pitch black sky. Time is a funny thing.
I remember the summer I spent in England. Early one morning, very early one morning, I was awakened by a bleary-eyed British woman who had climbed several flights of stairs to let me know that I had a phone call. I was dead asleep and spent the entire descent of the stairs trying to wake up enough to converse. It was great to hear a voice from the States (even though I was not an ounce homesick), but my body clock was already thinking Prime Meridian!
A week from today, I will be throwing my little CST body into the PST time zone. I wonder how it will adjust since I already force it to live in both zones so much as it is . . . it makes me wonder if there will really be that much to change. My husband insists that I will be awake at 5:00 a.m. I counter with a look that says, "If you get up early, please find something quiet to do." Okay . . . I am sure I would not be saying "please." I would welcome the chance to sleep in a little.
So, at this juncture, I have two concurrent thoughts:
I will be leaving soon . . .
MySpace Countdown Clocks
. . . and I will be returning too soon. That's the difference between traveling and moving: the return. ;-)
Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” ~ JamesDeo volente, I will go.
Deo volente, I will return.
*smile*
~ End Quote
And ready, we will be :-)
ReplyDeleteAlways so good to me.
ReplyDelete