Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What Are Little Boys Made Of?



What are little boys made of?
What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.
~ English Nursery Rhyme






This is my week with my boys (large and small), while the girls and their dad are away at the beach, poor things. The days have not felt long, thankfully, and the boys' company has been unusually refreshing and quiet.

This morning began with an accidental rousing at 5:30 a.m. *groan*. We packed a lunch and headed to swimming lessons.

As you can see from the photo, we are not allowed to "watch" the children until next week. What you cannot see is that this row of parents actually covered the entire side of the pool. Peeking is not watching.

After lessons the boys spent a long time on the big inflatable slide . . . I had some inky business to finish.


Time to head closer to home . . .

When I saw this sign, I could not drive past it -- you see, I watch for it. Mr. Naquin only displays it in season.








We were happy to find his door open. ;-)






My apologies to those who dislike tomatoes.
These are simply delicious.








Purple variety? ;-)







One final errand . . .

The boys volunteered to check the mail and feed the dogs for friends who are on vacation. First stop: the mailbox.









We were also invited to pick their blueberries. Yum.


Home again.


One naps; the other outfits himself and tries on some history for size.



One more shot before I get out of the heat.

What a relaxing morning. ;-)









~ End Quote

3 comments: