This morning as I lay thinking in bed, I wanted to meditate on the day ahead, its tasks, its events, its challenges, and the way it might play out for me and for those I love. Before I could think two thoughts of my own, I was joined a company of others. I will just share them as they arrived:
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
~ Philippians 4:8
I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me . . . ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
~ Matthew 25
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
~ 1 Corinthians 10:31 (out of context, but "whatever" means what it means)
He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?
~ Micah 6:8
There it is, the parade of perspective that left me with no question about how I was to approach the day.
~ End Quote
Baruch HaShem :-)
ReplyDeleteAmein :o)
ReplyDelete