
Staying up all night
is a waste
of sleeping,
and a waste
of sleeping
is a waste
of dreaming,
and dreaming
is important
because the more dreams you have,
the better chance you have
of one coming true.
~Anonymous
of sleeping,
and a waste
of sleeping
is a waste
of dreaming,
and dreaming
is important
because the more dreams you have,
the better chance you have
of one coming true.
~Anonymous
When I was a child, my dad and I sat and compared our respective stats on states we had visited. I had probably only seen about fifteen states at the time, and he had seen all of those and more. As the years progressed and our travels expanded, we kept track of them and would occasionally compare our experiences.
Recently, I created a map to illustrate my jaunts and journeys:
After looking at my travel history, I realized that it was actually possible for me to see all fifty states if I took only six more trips. Hey, I think I might be able to do that! Consequently, I have updated my bucket list. *smile*
Trip One: Iowa, South Dakota, Montana, and Idaho (imminent)

Trip Two: Michigan, Wisconsin, and North Dakota (more than a hare-brained idea)

Trip Three: Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California
Trip Four: Delaware and Rhode Island (yes, I know . . . )
Trip Five: Hawaii
Trip Six: Alaska (cruise???)
To our friends who just finished a near-9000-mile road trip, we say:
Sweet dreams . . . you earned them.
Welcome home . . . you’re home . . . your home.
Thanks forever for the visit . . . I think my favorite word is . . .
~ End Quote

Road Trip!! :-)
ReplyDeleteoh, by the way, we are planning something like your Trip Three...wanna meet us in Utah? Be sure to bring your camera, my friend! :-)
ReplyDeleteDo I want to meet you in Utah? In a heartbeat!
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised at you! How can you say that Michigan and Wisconsin are unplanned? Definitely not a hare-brained idea.
ReplyDeleteYou called it a hare-brained idea for all of cyberspace to see, not I!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I recant -- Michigan (both of them) and Wisconsin and North Dakota are planned.(But, I'm not changing the colors until we set a date.) "Planned" is like "engaged." Are you "engaged" before you set a date for a wedding? Yes and no. Planned and unplanned. Semantics, perhaps.