Dearest Lord,
I watch with amazement as these creatures, small as they are, recover and walk again after being blown over and over by the wind. These are days in which some that I love seem to be tossed by one gust after another in their storms, and as I feel weighed down and weak to help, I find myself before You on their behalf. There is no other place I can go with my heart and all that it desires for them.
You have told me to come.
You have told me to make my requests known to You.
You have shown Yourself to be the One upon whom I can cast my cares.
You have demonstrated Your power over the wind and the waves.
You have revealed Your sovereignty over all.
So, I am here pleading with You again.
Please calm these storms with Your command.
Please stop the bleeding, bind the wounds, and heal these souls.
Please draw them still nearer to Yourself and guard their hearts and minds with Your peace.
Thank you for sending
the Comforter,
the Holy Spirit,
to be
our Advocate,
our Guide,
and
our Helper.
You owe me nothing, but You have promised me so very much.
Great is my debt, and I praise You for Your kindness and Your grace.
Amen.
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses.
For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought,
but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us
with groanings which cannot be uttered.
~Romans 8:26
~End Quote
Oh, those poor little things! :oO
ReplyDelete