Monday, June 13, 2011

Exposure: Week Twenty-four



A picture of 
your favorite 
book.






Definition: book /'bůk/ - n.

1. Bible.

Yes, that's actually a listed definition of the word, book!
So, what is my favorite Bible? *smile*
Well, my favorite English translation is the NKJV.



2. A printed or written literary work.


From The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan:

"Some things are of that nature 
as to make One's fancy chuckle, while his heart doth ache."

Or as a dear friend used to say,
"I'm laughing on the outside, but I'm crying on the inside."



3. A main division of a larger printed or written work.

See #1 -- After several decades, my favorite is still the Book of James.




4. The total amount of experience, knowledge, understanding, and skill that can be used in solving a problem or performing a task.

"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. 
I'll think about that tomorrow." 
~ Scarlett



"Book" is also a verb, right?

5. To arrange for (tickets or lodgings, for example) in advance; reserve.

Time to re-book this favorite!!!


Favorite books from the Divine library:

But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, 
or causes an abomination or a lie, 
but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
~ Revelation 21:27

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.

And in Your book they all were written, 

The days fashioned for me, 

When as yet there were none of them.
~Psalm 139:16

You number my wanderings;

Put my tears into Your bottle; 

Are they not in Your book?
~Psalm 56:8


~ End Quote



No comments:

Post a Comment