A picture of
something
unexpected
When I was growing up, I never thought about how many children I would have. I was certain that I wanted to be a mother (even more than I wanted to be a wife), and having more than just a few wasn't something I feared. However, I can say that I did not expect to be blessed with . . .
nor did I anticipate . . .
When a child loses his parent,
they are called an orphan.
When a spouse loses her or his partner,
they are called a widow or widower.
When parents lose their child,
there isn't a word to describe them.
~ Reagan
Note: My maternal grandmother, Helen, crocheted afghans for each of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren until a stroke left her unable to continue her well-established tradition. When I lost a baby in January 1999, I asked her if she would crochet a tiny square as a keepsake. She willingly said "yes" but later decided baby booties were a better idea.
~ End Quote


You're children are wonderful, too! Sweet booties! :o)
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet story about your grandmother. What amazing memories!! It's wonderful that your children walk w/ the Lord. I love when that promise shows itself true. :-D
ReplyDelete