Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Exposure: Week Forty-three



 A picture 
of a 
reunion





Last week I got a note from my cousin, asking what I thought about moving the family reunion venue from Kentucky to Louisiana this year. That all sounded great until I looked at the date . . . my birthday! Whoa!

She didn't know that it would be my birthday when she wrote the note, and she certainly didn't know which birthday it would be, so when I wrote to let her know about my tentative summer plans, she became even more enamored with the idea. Marking a half-century with that crew would include quite a roast, I think. They are a tight-knit and loving lot . . . still makes me nervous, though. Mom's side is where I get my prankster gene. ;-/

Here's a shot of our very first "reunion" -- I was only ten years old at the time. (Yes, I am having to set vanity aside to let this be a true "exposure challenge.") I promised.


You've got to do your own growing, 
no matter how tall your grandfather was.  
~Irish Saying






~End Quote




2 comments:

  1. Love the pic! I think I know which one is you...;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a while looking at this pic when you first posted it and just now realized that I didn't comment - doh!

    Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete