I have explored parody a little on this blog before, embedding the lyric play of others and sharing my own attempts at the same. Some are not as fond of this game, and I can appreciate that, but here in this little free space -- I am going to unleash my love of words, the teasing hold they have on me, and my delight when I discover kindred spirits who wanna play.
Having said that, here is the latest:
Keep Your Ham to Yourself
I got a little pigs in a blanket, gonna bring a ring of
links
Of some sausage 'n' tenderloin bacon, green ham and eggs
Or eat some pork chops, how 'bout some plain old ribs
Always, no hoggy, no piggy, you know it’s in Leviticus
My honey, my baby, don't put my lunch upon no shelf
She said, don't hand me no swine and keep your ham to yourself
Bacon, baby, bacon
Why you wanna treat meat this way
You know, it's still my supper choice
I still feel it tastes great
That's when she told me the pure meats
Were poultry, fish, sheep and cows
And said, no hoggy, no piggy, or food you get from any sow
My honey, my baby, don't put my lunch upon no shelf
She said, don't hand me no swine and keep your ham to yourself
You see I started to feel bad
And I was about to give in
That's when I started thinking about the New Covenant
That part that talks about dinner
An’ I said, Honey, Acts 10:15 would suggest that I'm right
Please read Colossians 2:16, Mark 7:19, don't fight
And what about Romans verse 14:3 if nothing else
She said, don't hand me no swine and keep your ham to yourself
Of some sausage 'n' tenderloin bacon, green ham and eggs
Or eat some pork chops, how 'bout some plain old ribs
Always, no hoggy, no piggy, you know it’s in Leviticus
My honey, my baby, don't put my lunch upon no shelf
She said, don't hand me no swine and keep your ham to yourself
Bacon, baby, bacon
Why you wanna treat meat this way
You know, it's still my supper choice
I still feel it tastes great
That's when she told me the pure meats
Were poultry, fish, sheep and cows
And said, no hoggy, no piggy, or food you get from any sow
My honey, my baby, don't put my lunch upon no shelf
She said, don't hand me no swine and keep your ham to yourself
You see I started to feel bad
And I was about to give in
That's when I started thinking about the New Covenant
That part that talks about dinner
An’ I said, Honey, Acts 10:15 would suggest that I'm right
Please read Colossians 2:16, Mark 7:19, don't fight
And what about Romans verse 14:3 if nothing else
She said, don't hand me no swine and keep your ham to yourself
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
Many thanks to my friend, Cathy, for introducing me to the original song -- with an a cappella rendition, no less -- and for enjoying the fun of this discovery with me.
~ End Quote
That's FUNNY, Kev!! Thanks for a good chuckle!!!
ReplyDelete