Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Eating Jelly Beans Conservatively




You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by the way he eats jelly beans.
~ Ronald Reagan



I examine them.
I target the licorice and buttered popcorn flavors. *drool*
I avoid all brown ones, in case they are coffee-flavored. *shudder*
I savor them, one at a time, with my eyes closed.
Oh, oh, ooooooh.

I really don't want to know what that says about me.

~ End Quote

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah...buttered popcorn and licorice - the absolute BEST Jelly Bellies in the bunch.

    However, I don't avoid the other flavors (with the exception of cinnamon...bleh), and enjoy the unexpected burst of flavor with each one I pop in my mouth. I wouldn't say I'm conservative about it, taking a handful at random and never looking to see what flavor is next. There is just something about enjoying the unknown, I suppose.

    I love the sours, too...a little walk on the wild side.

    Hmmm...I think Padawan still has a stash of JBs in the Speeder. May have to break those out later... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I do enjoy some experimentation (which is how I learned NOT to eat the coffee Jelly Bellies).

    Yep, the sours are yummy, as well. Is there an emoticon for puckering?

    ReplyDelete